What are the most important points to focus on when relocating the office? Find out below!
- Lay down the groundwork – to start with, whether it is an office or shop fitouts Melbourne, the first thing your company should be doing is finding a good partner with whom to undergo the relocations and additional constructions and alterations to the new office space. Secondly, it is to assign an employee from your company to the task of overseeing all affairs related to the relocation: he or she will be in-charge of maintaining communications with the partner, and keeping the other employees updated on the status of the relocation.
- Know what you will reuse – when you are making the move to the new workspace, you will need to consider exactly what you will be reusing, and what you will be buying anew. For example, those partition fitouts from your previous office can certainly be reused without any problem whatsoever, as can any storage furniture and the like if they are not overly damaged. Reusing is the key to keeping your budget in check, so take steps to ensure that you reuse as much as possible of what you can.
- Pay attention to the small things – when considering the new furniture and items for the relocation, make sure that you factor in the little things that are the easiest to forget. This may be the trash cans for the office, the stationery, the calendars or something similar: what they have in common is that they are all small things that one is not usually conscious of, yet, when you find out you do not have some of these things, problems can easily arise.
- Understand what you need and do not need – whilst it is a good idea to reuse as much as possible, it is also important to make a distinction between what you will need and what you won’t. During your stay at your old location, you and your employees might have come to conclusions with regards to various aspects of the office – that certain aspects need to be improved upon, and that certain aspects are unnecessary or fine as is. Go with these perceptions when recreating your new office.
- Check with regulations and legal matters! – this is a very important point, because nowadays, there are many different regulations and standards when it comes to health and safety. Make sure to read the fine prints and other documents with regards to relocations and alterations, and make sure to double-check with the landlord and local council before you go ahead with any work!